We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia and recognise their continuing connection to land, waters and culture. We pay our respects to the Elders past, present and emerging.
Here at Paradise Road Early Learning, we have developed our philosophy based on the Early Years Learning Framework (belonging, being and becoming), which is a national curriculum devised by the Federal Government of Australia, with the aim of ‘extending and enriching children’s learning from birth to five years and through the transition of school’. We work with this curriculum to help develop your child to their fullest potential possible in all areas of development. We are also committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people, including those who use our services. Our workers will treat them with respect and understanding and address their concerns at all times. Our centre will endeavour to provide a safe and supportive service environment for children and young people through….
1 – Secure, respectful and reciprocal relationships
We believe that all children are valued and supported as individuals We believe that all children should feel safe, secure and nurtured by creating and providing an environment which is warm, caring, open and approachable
2 – Partnerships
- We believe that staff should work together with families to ensure children obtain the best possible care and are comfortable within the centre environment at all times
- We believe that families should be an important part of the centre and encourage families to participate in all aspects of the centre
- We believe in working with families to provide continuous care, by using constant communication as an important key
- We believe that our staff are role models for the children and help to set examples to children at all times, through play, learning, language and everyday living
- We believe in maintaining relationships with community and other networks, to ensure we can provide our families and children with as much support/information as we can
3 – High expectations, equity and sustainable practices
- We believe in supporting inclusive practices within the centre, all children regardless of sex, race, religion, culture, disability have equal access to all aspects of the centre life/program
- We aim to challenge the children’s learning and development to fullest individual capabilities
- We aim to foster the development of children in both individual and group aspects, through being active learners in challenges set, exploration and discovery through individual and/or group play and learning
- We aim to encourage children to develop a sense of responsibility to themselves and others
- We believe that staff should adhere to Government Regulations, NQF standards, Centre policies and procedures at all times, to support high quality care and to keep up to date with current requirements and trends
- Paradise Road Early Learning Centre is working towards incorporating sustainable practices within our everyday services.
4 – Respect for Diversity
- We believe that all social and cultural needs of children and families of our centre should be recognised, respected, valued and celebrated along with the education of other social and cultural events to highlight the awareness of diversity and how differences are a positive and can all learn to live together, regardless of differences
- We believe that diversity contributes to the richness of our society and endeavour to give the children in our care the opportunity to discover diversity in many different forms
- We believe in recognising the history of Australia and educating children with history and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander ways of living
5 – Ongoing Learning and Reflective Practice
- We believe in providing a continuous program, where all children are observed regularly, with regular follow ups and individual programming for each child to ensure each child has the opportunity to achieve their fullest potential developmentally
- We believe that the educators should reflect upon their practices on a daily basis to ensure that the programs that they are providing are successful in assisting the children with their learning. Through the regular review of practices – staff review outcomes and come up with new and more positive and effect ways to implement practices
Paradise Road Early Learning are proud to be a Queensland Government approved Kindergarten & Childcare Centre.