Play & Adventure – in a learning environment
At Paradise Road Early Learning we provide 75 placements for children aged from 6 weeks to 5 years of age.
Tiny Tots – children aged from 6 weeks to 15 months
The Tiny Tots room is a spacious area that includes a separate cot room. The children’s home routines are maintained so the children feel safe and nurtured. The play areas offer a natural and calming environment, soft peaceful music is played throughout the day and the room is filled with fun and interesting toys to promote exploration. The room is run by a qualified Educators and there is daily communication with parents via email, KindyHub or communication books.
Junior Kindy – children aged from 1 year to 2 years
Junior Kindy are provided with a warm and stimulating environment where children learn through play, art and music. The children enjoy routines where play time is infused with periods of rest and relaxation. Children have opportunities to learn through daily experiences like cooking, construction, language, arts and crafts. There are quiet areas where the children can rest or enjoy their favourite books. The room is run by a qualified Educators and there is daily communication with parents via email, KindyHub or communication books.
Pre Kindy – children aged from 3 years to 4 years
The Pre Kindy room is a large, spacious room with stimulating learning environments. The two class rooms are a combined open floor plan environment, doing indoor and outdoor routine on a daily basis on our open access to a large veranda and into the playground. There are areas where the children play together, or be on their own and have a range of choices with fully resourced learning materials and equipment. The children can challenge themselves, as a group and with our educators mentoring them while learning through play. With the children experiencing creativity, exploring and experimenting learning opportunities .throughout our learning environment. The room is run by a qualified Educators and there is daily communication with parents via email, KindyHub or communication books.
Kindergarten – children aged from 4 years to 5 years
Our Kindergarten curriculum is run by a very experienced educator who is currently in the process of completing their Bachelor Degree. The curriculum is centred on the social and emotional development of the children, as research shows that a child is not able to comprehend academic learning to its full extent until they have developed their social and emotional skills to their full potential. The room is comprised of the learning styles of Montessori and Reggio Emilia as ‘play is a child’s work’. The environment is designed to encourage individual levels of development, exploration and discovery in fun and interactive ways, extending and scaffolding the children‘s interests and knowledge of their world, while becoming independent, respectful of their peers and community and taking responsibility for their belongs and class environment. The Kindergarten room also offers Japanese lessons every Tuesday with Miss Emily
Our Playgrounds & Outdoor Facilities:
The Babies and Toddlers playgrounds consist of a large under-covered area, bamboo tepee, covered sand pit and wood deck with slide attached. There are stepping stones, a brush-wood hut, natural gardens and timber planks for the children to walk through.
There is so much outdoors for the children to learn and explore including:
- A bike track weaving through the grassed areas where children can run, skip, jump or ride bikes
- Sports World is an under shade area for children to do gymnastics, soccer, cricket or just playing ball
- Dry creek beds with a timber bridge provides the children with a variety of climbing, stepping and balancing activities
- The chicken coop, where the children love helping to take care of the chickens and collecting the eggs
- There is a large covered sandpit with boat where the children play water paddling and fishing and construct masterpieces in the sand pit
- Garden World is where the children become little farmers – planting seeds and watching plants and vegetables grow into food they can eat
- Water world where children explore different flows of water while cooling off on a hot day
- Construction pit where children keep busy exploring with mud and dirt – reaping all of the evidenced physical, psychological and emotional benefits of mud play
Paradise Road Early Learning are offering a courtesy pick up and drop off service to new and existing families. For more information ask at the centre or phone (07) 3386 0870.